Blue vs. Green Painter's Tape
If you have a paint job coming up soon, you'll probably need some painter's tape to help keep the edges neat. As you search for the right product for your application, you might be unsure whether you should use green painter's tape or blue painter's tape. This guide can help you decide whether blue or green masking tape would help you with your project.
Green Tape vs. Blue Tape Use
The choice between green or blue painter's tape depends on the painting project you need to complete. Whether you're a professional painter or renovating your company's property, you need the right painter's tape for your specific application. Consider the following uses of green vs. blue masking tape.
Where Can You Use Blue Painter's Tape?
Blue painter's tape works well on moldings around interior walls, but you can also use it on other surfaces. This tape can protect any of the following components from paint:
- Doors: With blue painter's tape, you can safeguard doors and frames from paint that could ruin the finish.
- Walls and ceilings: If you're painting trim or baseboards, you can apply blue painter's tape to the adjacent parts of the wall to maintain its color. You can also use blue painter's tape to protect the edges of your ceiling.
- Trim and baseboards: Blue painter's tape can safely work on trim and baseboards if you're painting the walls or ceiling.
- Windows: Blue painter's tape can go over windows and panes during your painting project to make sure paint doesn't cover your view of the outside.
- Glass: Besides your windows, you may have glass furniture or decorations near the area where you want to paint. Our blue painter's tape is safe to use to keep these components from getting damaged.
- Hardwood floors: Since hardwood floors are a significant investment, you should use blue painter's tape on it to keep it looking its best. The adhesive won't ruin the floor's finish.
- Woodwork: Wood furniture and decorations could get damaged as you paint near it. Blue painter's tape can fully protect the wood on your property, and the medium-tack adhesive is safe for its finish.
- Tile floors: Even though some natural stone tile can be sensitive, blue painter's tape is safe to use on tile floors to protect them from paint.
Where Can You Use Green Painter's Tape?
Blue painter's tape can accommodate general painting projects, but the green configuration works on heavy-duty surfaces. Consider ordering green painter's tape if your painting project involves any of the following applications:
- Rough, uneven surfaces: Green painter's tape can stick on surfaces such as rough wood, concrete, stucco and brick because of its higher level of tack.
- Exterior surfaces: The strong adhesive on green tape maintains its integrity on different materials outside under various weather conditions.
- Protecting floors with cardboard panels: When you're trying to protect sensitive flooring materials from heavy foot traffic and paint during a renovation project, the green tape does a better job of keeping down the cardboard.
- Pedestrian traffic control: Besides painting your property, you can also lay green painter's tape on the floor to keep your customers a safe distance from each other. The high tack keeps it on the floor, allowing you to create boxes or lines to show patrons where to stand. You can also use tape to create barriers that divide the aisle floors.
Blue vs. Green Masking Tape Adhesion
The primary difference between green and blue painter's tape is the tack level. Blue painter's tape is medium tack, but green painter's tape is high tack. Consider the various adhesion qualities of green and blue painter's tape to determine which one could work for your application:
- Blue painter's tape tack: TapeManBlue blue painter's tape features a medium tack adhesive to allow it to adhere to your surface. However, it's also possible to remove it cleanly for up to 21 days. The tape will last on the wall for the whole painting project instead of peeling. Once you remove it, the area won't have any residue on it.
- Green painter's tape tack: If you need to protect uneven or rough surfaces from paint, green painter's tape has a stronger adhesive to keep your property safe. However, if you're going to use it on sensitive floors or walls, it might be too strong and could even pull up the material underneath the tape.
TapeManBlue vs. Other Brands
TapeManBlue supplies both green and blue painter's tape, so we can provide the high-quality products you need at an affordable price. Our goal is to help make your next painting project a success. Here are some of the ways we stand out from the competition:
- American-made products: When you buy painter's tape from TapeManBlue, you can trust that it's a durable product because we know exactly where it's manufactured. Our painter's tape is 100% made in the USA to guarantee its quality and control its productivity. Even though other brands might source their materials and productions to other countries to save a little money, we want to assure our customers that our products are worth the investment.
- No residue: Our tape will not leave a residue when used according to instructions, so instead of thinking about cleaning or refinishing your sensitive surfaces, you can rest assured that your property will maintain its integrity as you paint it.
- Everyday low pricing: TapeManBlue provides all the painter's tape you need for your application at an affordable cost.
- Bulk quantity discounts: As a business owner, you'll probably need to have a large stock of painter's tape on hand for future property renovations. It's much more convenient to have painter's tape in your storage room than to start a painting project and realize you don't have any. If you need a bulk quantity of painter's tape, we provide reasonable order minimums to maintain low prices and help you stay stocked.
- Free shipping on all orders: Combined with our low prices and bulk discounts, you'll save even more money with the free shipping that we offer nationwide. Taking away the cost of shipping can also help you predict how much you'll spend so you can easily create a budget item for your company.
- Easy online ordering: You can order our products from our website or on Amazon. Both platforms allow you to see the product description and measurements, so you'll know what you're paying for without having to see it in person.
Buy Both Blue Tape and Green Tape at TapeManBlue
Whether you decide that blue painter's tape or green painter's tape is better for your painting project, we have what you need at TapeManBlue. Browse through our inventory to find the ideal size and quantity for your application.Shop Blue Painter's Tape Shop Green Painter's Tape