1. After removing the plastic covering, find the beginning of the roll. It is often marked with an easy-to-find tab.
2. Unroll approximately 6 inches of the carpet protector film and place it at the edge of the carpet, pressing firmly to make sure it sticks to the carpet securely.
3. Keep unwinding the roll of film to apply it to the rest of the carpet. Make sure to press the film down to secure it.
4. When the necessary area is covered, carefully cut the film from the rest of the roll using a sharp knife or razor.
5. Write the date somewhere visible on the film using a permanent marker. This is to remind you when the film was applied.
6. Remove or replace the carpet protection film within 45 days of application.